Flaxseeds or linseeds are a source of rich nutrients required by our body. They are packed with antioxidants, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids. We can say flax seeds are a powerhouse of nutrition.
Now You may think how such a small seed could contribute towards our fitness and Why you should eat Flax seeds. Here are the reasons:
1. Flax Seeds are a rich source of Omega-3 Fats.
- Flaxseed includes a plant-based type of omega-3 fatty acid called alpha-linolenic acid, or ALA.
- This fatty acid helps to improve circulation in your body and has anti-inflammatory effects.
- Also, it is beneficial for decreasing the risk of bone fracture.
2. Flax Seeds aids in weight loss.
- Flaxseeds consist of soluble fibers which may aid in weight loss.
- When consumed in water, they provide a feeling of fullness, suppress appetite, and slows the digestion process.
- The lignans present in flaxseeds are also assumed to boost metabolism, which leads to a decrease in body weight.
3. Reduces the risk of cancer.
- Flax seeds are made up of plant compounds, lignans. They help in reducing the risk of cancer and promote health.
- Due to the antiangiogenic properties, flax seeds prevents the growth of cancerous tumors in our body.
- Flax seeds can majorly prevent the cancers of the breast, prostate, and colon.
4. Promotes digestive health.
- Flax seeds consist of two fibers namely- soluble fibers and insoluble fibers.
- Soluble fibers help in the easy elimination of stool through GI tracts whereas Insoluble fibers assist in bowel regularity by stimulating the digestive system to move waste through the gut.
- They can also help treat constipation or diverticular disease but ensure you drink enough water after consuming them.
5. Flax Seeds controls diabetes.
- Flax seeds are one of the best natural sources to control diabetes.
- Eating flaxseed reduces blood sugar levels after a meal and increases insulin levels because of its high content of soluble fiber.
- They could reduce the risk of type 1 diabetes and delay the onset of type 2 diabetes.
6. Flax Seeds Oil for healthy skin.
- The presence of omega-3 fatty acids in flaxseeds may contribute to skin health and appearance.
- Flaxseed oil led help to reduced skin roughness, decrease skin sensitivity and scaling, all while improving skin hydration and smoothness.
- Also, it blocks the entry of the everyday irritants and pollutants into your skin pores, reduces wrinkles, and aids the treatment of conditions like psoriasis and eczema.
From the above points, it’s clear why you should eat Flax Seeds but you may think about how to use them. Here is the answer:
Different ways to use Flax seeds :
• The best time to eat flaxseeds is early in the morning. You can add them to yogurt for a healthy breakfast.
• You can use flax seeds in your smoothies. While you are blending the smoothie, add in one tablespoon of flax seeds for some additional protein and taste.
• Flax-seed oil can be used as a replacement for any other oil. You can directly use this oil for salad dressings but do not use it for cooking on heat.
• Flaxseed oil can be directly applied to your skin for smooth and glowing healthy skin. Also, some people use flaxseed oil as a hair mask to promote growth and shine.
• You can also add flax seeds into water and drink it as part of your daily fluid intake.